ANIMATION IS ALL ABOUT CREATIVITY, INTERACTIVITY AND HEAPS OF FUN!
The vision of Toonworld is simple we Encourage, Empower, Educate and Entertain kids through interactive workshops that are both fun and creative. These workshops are designed to improve communication and literacy while channeling creativity and imagination. We invite your students to join us in discovering the exciting world of Stop Motion Animation and experience the magic of film production.
Toonworld’s workshops are offered nationwide in schools, vacation care centres and shopping malls.
TOONIMATION STEM-FRIENDLY WORKSHOP YEARS K-6
CREATE YOUR OWN ANIMATED MOVIES!
To support our Australian teachers in their STEM/STEAM programmes, our Animation Workshops offer the following benefits:
- A solid foundation in stop motion animation to support future stem-based learning activities.
- A rich opportunity for students to practice their skills of critical thinking, problem solving and communication.
- Students gain a deeper understanding of the concept of motion in relation to the physical world.
- Students develop fine motor skills
- Development of team building skills
- Appeal equally to boys and girls alike.
- Students learn the value of developing and taking ownership of their own ideas with specific roles and responsibilities
HOW WE DO IT!
In this Simple yet Exciting 90 minute workshop, useful concepts and techniques are taught to Animate effectively. Students are encouraged to:
- Develop a story (storyboard)
- Design and build the movie background
- Create their own unique characters with modeling clay
- Shoot the still shots (frames) using Ipads and digital tablets
- Add voice and sound effects
- Present the final cut in front of their peers
LEARN THROUGH THE ENGINEERING DESIGN PROCESS!
Design and teamwork form the cornerstone of the engineering design process. Toonworld encourages students to follow the steps of the design process to strengthen their understanding of open-ended design while emphasizing creativity and practicality.
IDENTIFY THE CHALLENGE:
Each team is given a different scenario to work on.
Students collectively discuss and develop their ideas for the storyline and characters.
Students decide on the specific design elements required.
Students collectively discuss the requirements for the character and set build process.
TEST, EVALUATE & IMPROVE:
The frame-by-frame filming process allows the students to systematically assess their progress and make the necessary adjustments where required.
The workshop offers each group the opportunity to screen their movies in front of the class and share their design and construction methodologies.
The lists of outcomes below are provided for reference purposes.
EARLY STAGE 1
STe-5WT A student uses a simple design process to produce solutions with identified purposes
STe-4WS A student explores their immediate surroundings by questioning, observing using their senses and communicating to share their observations and ideas
STe-9ME A student identifies that objects are made of materials that have observable properties
ENe-1A A student communicates with peers and known adults in informal and guided activities demonstrating emerging skills of group interaction
VAES1.2 Experiments with a range of media in selected forms.
INES1.3 A student relates well to others in work and play situations.
PSES1.5 A student seeks help as needed when faced with simple problems.
ST1-5WT A student uses a structured design process, everyday tools, materials, equipment and techniques to produce solutions that respond to identified needs and wants.
ST1-12MW A student identifies ways that everyday materials can be physically changed and combined for a particular purpose.
ST1-13MW A student relates the properties of common materials to their use for particular purposes.
EN1-1A A student communicates with a range of people in informal and guided activities demonstrating interaction skills and considers how own communication is adjusted in different situations.
VAS1.2 A student uses the forms to make artworks according to varying requirements.
INS2.3 A student develops positive relationships with peers and other people.
PSS1.5 A student draws on past experiences to solve familiar problems.
ST2-5WT A student applies a design process and uses a range of tools, equipment, materials and techniques to produce solutions that address specific design criteria
ST2-13MW A student identifies the physical properties of natural and processed materials, and how these properties influence their use
EN2-1A A student communicates in a range of informal and formal contexts by adopting a range of roles in group, classroom, school and community contexts
VAS2.2 A student uses the forms to suggest the qualities of subject matter
INS3.3 A student makes positive contributions in group activities
PSS2.5 A student uses a range of problem-solving strategies.
- Assorted Plasticine
- Modeling aids and characters props
- Digital Tablets
- Cardboard studios
- Paper and pens
Go Animating Mad! – Animation Workshops for Kids
1 X 1.5 Hours Workshop
5-12 year Olds
Max 35 kids per class
2 X 1.5 Hours Workshops
(1.5hrs each age group)
5-8 & 9-12 year Olds
Max 35 kids per class
IDEAL FOR PRIMARY & HIGH SCHOOL
3 x 1.5 Hours Workshop
(1.5 Hours each class)
Max 35 kids per class
AFTER SCHOOL CARE
6 Weeks Workshop
(1 Hour per week – Afternoon Only)
Max 30 kids per class
All prices include GST and are subject to change without prior notice.
|Content||Fun!!! Interactive Stop Motion Animation Movies!|
|Bonus||Every student gets to take home their own clay characters.
Students will have an opportunity to have their films showcased in our YouTube channel.
|Materials||All materials provided|
|Public Liability||20 million|
|Working with Children||wwc0038487e|
|Risk Assessment||If needed|
What Parents Say
- “200 percent!!”
- “What a great morning you single-handedly kept 18 kids entertained for 2 hours
Well Done They all had a great time!!”
- “Bailey had so much fun drawing with his friends”
- “Wow a Toonworld Party was perfect for our noisy group this morning!!”
- “Toontastic I love the speedtoons!!”
- “Toonworld is great, us adults joined in as well”
- “We thought Toonworld would be a different change for our birthday girl Charlize to the usual performers we get and they didn’t disappoint, 5 stars!”
- “Toonworld crew were very professional and well worth the money!”
- “I’m never taking off my Toonworld wrist band as long as I live!!”